Duration 2 Minutes Lights: Green 1:00, Amber 1:30, Red 2:00, Buzzer 2:30
The object is to ‘inspire’ by leaving everyone with something to think about, to bring the audience to a realisation of a truth or to create within each person a deep-seated acceptance of your thoughts and the desire to live out the principle(s) you place before them.
- Devise a mini-speech that develops an introduction to capture interest, a body that establishes and consolidates your message, and a conclusion that reaffirms this.
- Source material can be from anywhere, perhaps your own experiences or maybe things you’ve read, the life of someone famous or of someone you know, a fable or piece of received wisdom.
- As with all assignments, prepare and rehearse to ensure correct timing.
Before the meeting begins:
Inform Chairman of your title, and how you would like him/her to introduce you.
During your assignment
- This assignment enjoys maximum impact when done with minimal use of notes, which signals greater internal conviction in what you are saying. This implies significant preparation.
- Deliver the mini speech with due regard to pausing for impact, and to give people a chance to dwell on the significance of what you have said.
When you are finished, hand back to Chairman.